Tungsten Corporation is the world’s largest, compliant business transaction network. A leading global electronic invoicing and purchase order transactions network; Tungsten’s mission is centred on enabling a touchless invoice process allowing businesses around the globe to gain maximum value from their invoice process.
Tungsten processes invoices for 74% of the FTSE 100 and 71% of the Fortune 500. It enables suppliers to submit tax compliant e-invoices in 54 countries, and last year processed transactions worth over £220 billion for organisations such as Caesars Entertainment, Computacenter, GlaxoSmithKline, Kraft Foods, Mohawk Industries, Mondelēz International, Procter & Gamble, Shaw Industries, Unilever and the US Federal Government.
Founded in 2000 and headquartered in London, Tungsten has offices in the US, Bulgaria and Malaysia, employing over 227 people.
The Linux Engineer role within Tungsten Network is responsible for supporting existing infrastructure and applications at Tungsten Network to ensure continued operation of the Tungsten Network service to meet and exceed agreed service levels. The Linux Engineer role supports a 24/7/365 operation for monitoring our production services and acts as third line support to business users and second line support for Application Support.
Candidates will be expected to learn Tungsten Networks applications and infrastructure and be able to perform troubleshooting and respond to managed service providers regarding alerts within our hosted environments.
The role is full time and reports to Technology Manager, Production Services and would suit an organized, practical and adaptable person with desire to grow and develop technical skills in a fast-growing global company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand Tungsten Network applications and infrastructure and know how to utilize tools to investigate problems reported in each. Ability to use log aggregation tools such as Splunk or track errors through raw logs is key.
- Understand Tungsten Network computing, storage, and network systems to respond to monitoring alerts from production systems and resolve or direct questions to development groups for assistance in resolving possible bugs.
- Understand Amazon Web Services (Cloud Computing Services) and able to perform basic troubleshooting when necessary.
- Act as second line support for Application Support on problem investigations for document processing and file transfer software.
- Act as third line of support for business users performing problem investigations for client facing support teams for document processing and file transfer software.
- Act as the main person to maintain application that running in Unix/Linux environment. Perform housekeeping and develop custom script when required.
- Able to prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
- Able to spot repetitive issue and suggest permanent solution by fixing the root issue.
- Identify problem areas with existing applications and create tool or custom script to streamline processes.
- Perform basic troubleshooting on network problems; escalating problems to managed service provider if needed.
- Participate in all training for any new release/product to production environments and ensure all documentation are available and able to provide support post training.
- Participate in paid weekend on-call rotation for key services in client facing environments.
- Bachelors/A Level or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or similar
- 2-3 years administrating Windows and Linux Production Environments
- Minimum 2-3 years exposure on the Perl /Phyton/Bash scripting
- Minimum 2-3 years commercial experience as Level 2 support with background PL/SQL
- Minimum 2-3 years hands on experience in installing and configuring Splunk
- Organized – Able to keep track of an environment with many different workflows across heterogeneous systems.
- Detail Oriented – Able to identify relevant information out of a broad expanse of available documentation and logging.
- Knowledgeable – Familiar with a broad set of IT concepts (networking, storage, Windows, Linux) yet not necessarily a master of all of them, but Linux is a must.
- Flexible – Able to adapt to fast-moving environment and independently as well as with team.
Working Hours - Monday to Friday 5pm - 1am (UK Hours)